FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are there professional standards for the coaching industry?
Yes, there is a code of ethics as well as core competencies, accreditation processes and an International Coach Federation (industry association) that promotes the advancement of coaches. To learn more about this, click here: https://coachingfederation.org/about
What are your qualifications as a coach?
I have been a coach for the past 7 years and graduated from the advanced program at the International Coach Academy (ICA) where I obtained my Certified Professional Coach (CPC). Following that, I received my Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential from the International Coach Federation (ICF).
How will I know you are the right coach for me?
During our initial conversations and/or discovery session, together we will identify if this is an appropriate fit. So, before you say "yes", you will have a sample of what the coaching experience will be like. Until then, click on the Meet Your Coach page to learn more about me and my approach in coaching.
How do I get started in the coaching process?
If you are interested in beginning the coaching process, please feel free to book time on my calendar directly or contact me via phone so we can schedule our initial discovery session to further explore the details of the coaching relationship.
What can I expect from you as my coach?
- Be a partner in bringing out the best, the deepest, and the truest in you;
- Provide safety, encouragement and support; an environment in which you can relax and explore;
- Respect the confidentiality of the agreements we make;
- Expand your view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights;
- Give you input, straight feedback and operate as a sounding board;
- Listen carefully to what you say and ask questions that increase awareness;
- Be an on-going resource for you in accomplishing your intentions.
SECURITY & CONFIDENTIALITY
Is this client center and my data secured and safe?
Yes! In fact, there are 3 levels of security provided to keep your data safe and confidential:
- Username and password protected;
- Verisign Security Certificate protects your data on this site;
- Secured pages (https://)
Is my information confidential?
Yes. This site is protected by a username/password system. You are the only one that has access to your information.
Can I contact you in-between our scheduled coaching sessions?
Yes! In the event that you would like support on something that comes up in between our meetings, you can post an inquiry to the Client Log and we can have "just in time" coaching via your private client website. Other levels of additional support are available depending on your coaching agreement.
ACCESSING THE PRIVATE CLIENT AREA
What is the "Register Now" link and when would I use it?
If you are interested in becoming a client or beginning the coaching process, you can create your own account to access the private client area. When you "register" I will be notified that your account has been created and will need to activate your account. This could take up to 24 hours.
How do I access your private client area and how do I log in?
Click on the Login link in the upper right of the navigational menu of the website. Then enter the username and password that has been assigned to you. Don't have login information yet? Contact me so we can get an account created for you.
I have a password that I use for most of my on-line accounts. Can I change the password you assigned to me?
Yes. You will need to log in initially using the password I assigned to you. Once you log in, you can change your password at any time in your Client Profile page, that you find under the FORMS tab.
What if I forget or lose my password and login information?
If you simply forgot your password, you can still go to the Login page by clicking the Login link. Click on the "forgot password?" link situated above the "Login" button and, in the new "Password Reset" window, enter your username and click on the "Reset Password" button. You will receive an email shortly with your password included.
If you misplaced both your username and password, contact me and I will forward you your information.
I’m trying to log in, but it will not accept my username or password, what do I do?
Remember that the login information is case sensitive, so enter it exactly like it was given to you. Also, type in your login credentials and DO NOT copy/paste it, as this procedure can include empty spaces, which count in a password, thus rendering incorrect. Again, if you do not remember your login credentials, you can contact me via email and I'll forward them to you.
FORMS, DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES AVAILABLE
What makes up a "Welcome Packet" and what do I do with this?
A welcome packet consists of some basic forms, documents and resources that will help to get us started in the coaching process. By completing the information in the welcome packet, you are providing me with some helpful information, so that I know how best to support you, guide you and work together with you. It includes a "Client Profile" form, a "Goals" form and also a "Discovery" form. You will also find our coaching agreement located in this packet. It is customary for you to complete these items prior to our initial coaching session together.
What if I need to reschedule my appointment?
It's easy. With at least a 24 hour notice, you can reschedule any appointment by using the online calendar system. Just complete the following steps:
- Log into your private client website area.
- Click on Calendar in the top menu.
- Click on the title of your existing appointment that you wish to reschedule
- Click on the "Change" button and change the details of the appointment to correspond with an "Available" block of time.
- The calendar will update itself, you'll see your new appointment reflected and I will receive an email notification letting me know of the change.
PAYING FOR THE COACHING SERVICES
How do I easily make my payments for my coaching services?
Each month you'll receive an invoice from my practice letting you know the amount committed to for that month. You can log in to the private client area, click on Payment in the top menu and you will see any outstanding balances due at that time.
What are the various methods of payment I can use to pay for my coaching services?
Check, Cash, Zelle Bank Transfer, CashApp, Credit Card (which includes Pay Pal). You can also have your coach process your payments for you each month on a credit/debit card.
- To pay by Check: you will be given the "remit to" address details.
- To pay with Cash: this option is only available to any clients who have the opportunity to do an in-person session. Please note that in-person sessions are of very rare occurrence since the Coronavirus pandemic.
- To pay using Zelle: you will be provided with the necessary recipient setup information.
- To pay using CashApp: you will be provided with the necessary recipient details.
- To pay by Credit Card or Pay Pal: when you receive your monthly invoice, click on the link at the bottom of the invoice to log into the private client area and then click on Payment in the top menu. Here you can either enter your credit card number or Pay Pal information and my system will automatically (and securely) process your payment.
- To have your coach process your payments for you: Complete the "Credit Card Authorization" form found under the Documents section of the private client area. Once I have the authorization and billing information, I will automatically process your payments for you as outlined in the authorization form.